Would You Pay for an Uncensored Artie Lange Podcast?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, Mar 7, 2014.

?

Would you pay for an Artie Lange podcast?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Obviously it all comes down to $$ as the reason why Artie has white washed his image, he wants to please the suits at DTV and keep this cushy job. There's no way he would leave DTV and start a podcast unless there was money involved. If Artie were to start a podcast that was uncensored and brought back the good parts of the N&A days, would you pony up and pay for it? I absolutely would, I used to look forward to the show more than anything on TV, and I pay for cable, so why not? Now whether or not Artie's laziness would prevent this from happening is another story, but still, just curious. Also, Dan would have to be involved somehow.

2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    That is the only reason I'm voting "no". I don't count on Artie to work hard for me. And he is PERFECTLY capable of being more funny in his current show, censorship and sports agenda included. He's done it in spurts, especially early on. He chooses not to work that hard.

I think Dan's fine; he's got a hell of a lot more personality than flaflafuckhead ever did.

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As long as Artie is working for DTV the show will never change, none of the shit that we all bitch about here will be different. What is the point of sitting through a two hour show just for the chance that Artie might be funny? Gets tedious after a while to sit through these dumb interviews just to hear one or two snippets of good radio. Fuck it, charge me a couple of bucks so I can hear something I actually want to listen to the whole way through, not just ten minutes of good content out of 120.

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    But what evidence to we have that it would be better? Who's going to manage the show so that it uses/enables Artie properly? I have no confidence at all that Artie can do it on his own. He was superb bouncing off Stern, decent bouncing off Nick, fun floundering on his own at first, and now pretty horrible hosting his own show with a particular format.

"Shoot the shit" would probably be fine - it works for other podcasts - but he's shown he does NOT necessarily raise the game of untalented comics. What would the show look / feel like? I think he needs a really strong producer and/or host, so that he can do his thing without having to run the place. Artie needs to be the one butting in and being a smartass; it just doesn't seem to work when he's also the one introducing guests and asking serious interview questions.

I mentioned before, maybe some kind of news review format, where he and some GOOD comedians get to cover news in sports AND other arenas, anything Artie's genuinely interested in.

I'm not so much disagreeing with you as wondering what format would actually work for him.

Might be a moot point anyway. If he does a Cartman show next he's not going to bother. Easy network money, again.

5. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    If he were to team up with Nick or another great comic and ditch everyone at the ALS except for Dan and James the board op, then yes I would definitely pay.

6. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Absolutely not. Almost every podcast is free.

7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I probably would, at least at first until it sucked/he quit, but only if that greasy sea cow and that ridged-forehead neanderthal were nowhere near the show

8. Rawdog

Rawdog Member

Reputations:
    love artie but voted no because his show is garbage

9. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Voted no, I just don't think Artie "Has it" anymore from the way he phones this show in every damn night
    I want Artie to break out of this bullshit funk he is in and make me laugh damnit but can he do that anymore without retelling the same 5 stories? If Artie and Nick got back together for an uncensored podcast then maybe I would pay a couple bucks?
    To be honest if Nick and Artie got back together for an uncensored podcast it wouldn't last long, the first time Artie "Called off" we would get to hear a hell of a good fight over their podcast :)

10. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    I vote no unless Artie gets someone like Colin Quinn or Jim Florentine to do it with him. He needs someone that isn't afraid to call him on his shit..

11. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    $0.99, but the show has to be good and I mean really good. Real producer, each show follows a general topic and Art actually prepares stories/jokes for it ahead of time. I don't think he has the work ethic of a Marc Maron to single-handedly "write" and produce the show. Maybe that's the difference; Artie is collecting checks and doesn't have to put any effort in. His money is guaranteed and all he has to do is show up (which he doesn't always do) and be Mr. P.C./not be as controversial as Nick. Maron makes money through sponsors based solely on the quality of each show and the number of downloads, so he has to make a show interesting.

I am flabbergasted that a podcast like Comedy Death-Ray/Bang-Bang is mostly improv, but has me belly-laughing at times maybe 9/10 shows but 9/10 ALS shows, professionally produced and broadcast on television, let me down. Comedy Bang Bang is a free podcast and has a professional producer/editor. Nothing like the set-up at ALS. Technically, I am already "paying" for ALS because of DirecTV and it's just nowhere near the same quality as a free podcast. Granted, it is a 1 hour, weekly podcast vs. a 3 hour, daily show, but Art does 0 prep for the shows.

Unedited/uncensored Artie is much funnier than terrestrial Artie. If the podcast is anywhere near as lazily prepped for as ALS, I'd give up on it very quickly.

12. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    No. In the present incarnation, the show is barely watchable. These days I just wait until specific interview clips go up on youtube and I watch them.

It would hardly be worth any extra just to hear him call someone a cunt.

That aside, if he got two more comedian buddies in there and turned it into a "Tough Crowd" type show, I would be on board.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014