Wow, Howard Pretending to Be In Denial About Artie's Situation...*old*

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Famous, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You guys have always been correct about how Howard played dumb when it came to Artie. Pretending that he didn't know the severity of the situation, while also using it for fodder.

I came across this old video, which I'd never seen before. Apologies if some of you have seen or heard it, but I'd never heard Howard flat out deny that he knew what was going on, in this manner.

He even turned down getting involved in an intervention for Artie. He just flat out doesn't want to be concerned, and doesn't want to be bothered:

"The weird thing about Artie for me is, Artie does a great job here. And my encounters with Artie are: he shows up, he does his job, he's a delight to work with..."

This was after Artie attacked Teddy, mind you.

[video=youtube;N6JuWDyHW5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6JuWDyHW5s[/video]

Fast forward to the 15:00 mark.

I love how Robin calls Howard on his bs. "He just barely makes it in here, when he does show up!"

He was literally pretending that everything was cool because he didn't want to waste a Hamptons day on an Artie intervention, I'll bet you.

He is a foul human being. How come his therapist has never addressed how Howard completely uses people? How come he hasn't addressed how Howard makes a human being feel like shit any time he has to help them (his nonstop rant about having to write a "Forward" to someone's book)?

He's been going to therapy three times a week, for what, 15 years now, and he still hasn't evolved as a human being in this regard?

2. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It gets more and more disgusting as I listen to it. "It's just some guy in his life. Maybe he wants to hang out with Howard Stern."

Yeah, someone is staging an intervention, solely because they want to meet Howard Stern. That's the way to do it. :rolleye:

The lengths he will go to to not be bothered.....just absurd.

It's not like Artie was an out of control drug addict, who was missing work, getting into physical fights at work, falling asleep at work, etc., etc.

3. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I didn't even know what the hell we were doing an intervention for. I don't have a reason! At the intervention, I'd be praising him. It'd be "hey, Artie. You're doing a good job."

I wonder what changed between that load of bullshit, and now? Probably lawyers got ahold of him, and told him he'd be liable. It's always about money, in the end with Howard.

Robin: "But you don't look at him?!?!"

Howard: "Yeah, he's fat."

Robin: "But he's not just fat, Howard."

Howard: "Really? What else is wrong with him?"

:rolleye:

Robin: "He's sad. There's this overwhelming aura of sadness that surrounds Artie, as soon as the mics go off."

Howard: "Oh really? I don't pick that up."

4. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    This is why I'm done with Howard...if he were really someone's "Bro", and just doing shitty shows because he's old and tired, okay, but he's not. He doesn't care about Artie or his fans, at the end of the day. For all his faults, I think Artie is a good guy at heart but he wants to put out this public persona of being a tough guy because of that sadness Robin mentioned. Howard, he's the opposite; he wants the appearance of being a good guy (taking up LGBT causes, animal rescues, buying the showy car for Robin, etc.) but inside he's a viper. I just hope to God that Artie doesn't read this messageboard, but thankfully I doubt he does.

5. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Also, not to kiss Artie's ass too much, but I think that if he could channel the sadness and depression inside of him, there is probably one truly great dark comedy left in him (a la Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler). I doubt a studio would front the money at this point, but here's hoping he might still get it together and make one really great movie.

6. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    a therapists job is to keep people coming back

7. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT ROBIN?! I would gladly dig her up so she could bitch slap her cancer-stricken present self back to health.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  9. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howie squeezed every last ounce of life out Artie before discarding him. Howie could have saved Artie and his own show.

10. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

11. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    That's an incredibly naive and foolish statement.
    No one and I mean NO ONE can fix a junkie but themselves.

12. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    This. Artie had a 20 year history of addiction prior to the HSS which not even his Mom or sister could "fix". Since nothing appears to have changed I guess it's Nick's fault now for Artie's addiction issues.

13. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    That's right, so if you can't fix them, throw them in the garbage and pretend they never existed! You just can't fix some people who want to get paid what they're worth either, someone should have told Billy West and Jackie.

14. Hateman

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

15. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wiggy isn't responsible for Artie's 20 year + history of mental illness and addiction. Why not blame his Mom and sister who still can't "fix" his addiction and mental illness? WTF does Billy West and Jackie's salary demands have to do with this thread?

16. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "what happened Robin? I was doodling."

17. Hateman

Reputations:
    Artie gave us laughs and Howie didn't. Now that you all got your wish and Artie is off the show, the show is way funnier and better than ever :facepalm:

18. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In this video, Howard says:

"I don't know. I don't know what's going on. And I kind of don't want to know what's going on. 'Cause that means like a long phone call...and I, I, just don't have the time for it. No offense. You know, I got a lot going on."

It's at the 28:49 mark:

[video=youtube;PpwgvAhsRwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpwgvAhsRwQ[/video]

Stern showing his true colors, like always. Such a "bro."

19. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Right, so of course if you are battling those demons, a true Bro will make sure to fire you and act like you were never associated with him. As to the second part, where is that damned jpeg of Artie with Jackie and Billy a la Return of the Jedi...

20. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I agree somewhat, artie had a long history prior to his association with THSS. However, NO other employer would have allowed that situation to continue and worsen, nor would ANY other employer made bits out of his addiction. Artie would have been canned or forced into rehab. When you factor in the bro BS, its even worse...