Wrong Number Callers on THSS

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LawyerLarry, Jan 7, 2015.

1. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    Listening to Stern shows from 10-15 years ago, every now and then there would be a caller who dialed the wrong number. Some of them were senior citizens trying to call a bank or something about money they had been ripped off in a scam. Others were sales people, etc. I heard a hilarious one this morning in which Howard pretended to be a retard talking to a sales person.

Now that I know THSS was not as real as Howard purported it to be, I'm thinking those callers were fake. I know I tried to call THSS a couple times and the line was always busy. And even if you got through, I would imagine you would have to wait on hold for several hours. So those wrong number callers were fake bits, right?

2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i can see a smart call screener like SJ putting one of those calls right thru

3. Maklershed

Maklershed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I got through a couple times and a screener asks "What would you like to talk to Howard about?" and asks you to keep your radio turned down and then puts you on hold. So if it happened before someone screened calls it might have been real but since the late 90s or so I dont think its possible they could've gotten through thinking they were calling anything but a radio show.

LawyerLarry likes this.
  4. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, i have come to the realization that those callers were all fake.
    About 15 years ago, i remember a woman calling in. She was "crazy" & "hallucinating" that Robert Wagner was trying to kill her. He had this conspiracy with Robert Ulrich or something. And howard kept her on the line & even asked to talk to her husband. And he said "man, she is nuts, you are a saint to put up with her".
    I remember laughing so hard & thinking that was such great radio.
    But now that I am older & wiser, I know that was a totally farcical call, Peter.

LawyerLarry likes this.
  5. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Prep-Burger