Y is cannabis illegal?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Napoleon V2, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Would u vote 2 legalize it?

2. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
    jess.

3. Napoleon V2

Reputations:
    Bro u smoke up 2nite?

4. jaw_belize

jaw_belize Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    i don't know

5. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Not sure

6. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Jess.

7. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    not all pot-heads are murderers of congresswomen, but all murderers of congresswomen are pot-heads :nocheer:

8. bertman19

bertman19 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's legal where I live. U jelly?

9. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Big Pharma would rather sell you happy pills at $5 per.

btw Google "Prop 19" and "Monsanto" and discover the unsavory connection between Prop 19 backers and Monsanto -- apparently Monsanto would have been the sole legal provider of seeds for legal dope. Can you fuckin believe that?!?!??! Very interesting article, and the financial backers are genuinely scary... Frank Carlucci et al. Prop 19 was a Trojan Horse.

10. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    No shit. You got an actual link? I've read about them "copyrighting" pigs. Evil fuckers.

11. mingmen

mingmen New Member

Reputations:
  12. Napoleon V2

Reputations:
    A lil yea

13. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Everyone knows why it was made illegal in the first place. William H. Hearst. My guess is, it is still illegal because the respectable people who smoke, don't want to be lumped in with idiots and morons that are 'known' smokers. Take Topo, here for instance. Imagine if his actual speech was as irritating as his typing. I know it's just her persona, but damn is it irritating! :facepalm:

14. Napoleon V2

Reputations:
    U mad?

15. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    here in cali its now a ticket for an ounce or less, dont even have to appear in court

As of January 1, 2011, possession of one ounce (28.5 gms) or less of marijuana is an infraction, punishable by a maximum $100 fine (plus fees) with no criminal record under Ca Health & Safety Code 11357b.

16. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://info-wars.org/2010/09/14/proposition-19-monsanto-and-gmo-terminator-cannabis/

Dope was made illegal since the "Revenuers" or Federal Revenue Agents who liked to destroy stills and alcohol would have been out of work when alcohol prohibition ended. Since primarily black people and Mexicans smoked dope at the time, there wasn't much complaining. As it turns out, marijuana, aside from its delightfully intoxicating flowers, can be used to produce food, fuel, fiber, medicine, on and on. Find a copy of Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" and read up on who wanted marijuana outlawed and why. Now it sounds like Monsanto is trying to make an end run around the laws and PATENT every useful strain, every possible genetic combination -- which would find them with the dope seed market cornered. Find time to follow that link, Proposition 19 was EVIL. Legalize dope and leave it alone is what I'd like to see happen. But the INDUSTRIAL and COMMERCIAL applications of hemp will dwarf the smoke-it-and-get-high aspect.

Henry Ford experimented with hemp fibers as car panels and announced they were many times stronger than steel. You can make just about anything out of hemp/dope that you can make out of petroleum -- and hemp grows anywhere. Hemp seed gruel kept the Medival monks alive during the Christian Dark Ages. There is no realistic LD50 for dope -- you'd have to eat a bale of it before it could kill you.

The British Raj, the LaGuardia report from NYC in the 40s and the American Psychiatric Association in 1978 all came to the same conclusion -- it's harmless, leave it alone.

Can you imagine big pharma corporations shitting bricks at the thought of legal dope, rather than selling depressed or unhappy people happy mindfuck pills @ $5 per? And you can grow it in your backyard!!! That ought to scare the liquor industry. I can't plant a bush in my backyard that'll produce single-malt, but being able to raise a pound or three for my own consumption doesn't sound so bad to me.

Legalize EVERYTHING and let the chips fall where they may. Provide treatment for those poor fucker who can't handle their poison. The notion of prohibiting ANYTHING is insane -- prohibitions NEVER WORK, but they DO produce corruption and busy-work for police and courts and prisons. And the thing about dope is that once kids figure out how badly they've been lied to about dope, they figure all other "drugs" or chemicals or whatever are equally benign -- which isn't the case. TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT DOPE if you want to keep kids away from actual hazardous drugs, like pills and alcohol.

Seriously -- the battle against dope was lost long, long ago. Yet the idiot government keeps its boot on our fucking throats. Nixon started the "War on Some Drugs" because he felt that smoking dope led to thinking, which is turn led to liberal, humanist thought versus produce-obey-consume fascist obedience.

"A joint in the morning and the day is your friend"

17. Napoleon V2

Reputations:
    They can only copyright their gmo strains, not every strain ever

18. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Not only that but new strains are developed every day