'Ya gotta love love today's college students

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Students are using 'gigantic swinging sex toys' to ridicule US gun laws
    • 0 comments
    • 09:38, 12 Oct 2015
    • Updated 09:49, 12 Oct 2015
    • By Simon Carr
    The protest is against a new law coming in next August which will allow people to carry hidden handguns throughout university campuses

[​IMG]
    Dildo protest: Controversial demo is raising eyebrows on social media
    Students are taking a stand about the lack of gun controls in the US - by arming themselves with sex toys.

The protest was sparked by a new law coming in next August which will allow people to carry hidden handguns throughout university campuses.

But more than 3,500 people at the University of Texas have signed up to displaying sex toys on their campus, to demonstrate the hypocrisy of a society which is scandalised by fake penises but not by working guns.

The campaign is being promoted on social media with the hashtag #CocksNotGlocks.

[​IMG]
    Swagger: Gun laws in America have been criticised by students
    A protest Facebook page states: "Starting on the first day of Long Session classes on August 24, 2016, we are strapping gigantic swinging dildos to our backpacks in protest of campus carry.

"ANYBODY can participate in solidarity, alum, non-UT students, people outside of Texas. Come one dildo, come all dildos.

"You're carrying a gun to class? Yeah well I'm carrying a HUGE DILDO.

"Just about as effective at protecting us from sociopathic shooters, but much safer for recreational play."

According to Texas state law, anyone displaying or distributing "obscene" materials in public can be hit with a $500 fine.

University of Texas student Jessica Jin, who is organising the campaign, said: "The State of Texas has decided that it is not at all obnoxious to allow deadly concealed weapons in classrooms, however it DOES have strict rules about free sexual expression, to protect your innocence.

"You would receive a citation for taking a DILDO to class before you would get in trouble for taking a gun to class.

"Heaven forbid the penis."

This protest comes after three shootings on American university campuses in less than a fortnight.

One person was killed and another injured following a gun attack at Texas Southern University on October 9 - within hours of one person being killed and three being hurt at Arizona University.

Both of these attacks followed the tragic events at Umpqua Community College in Oregon on October 1, with British-born gunman Chris Harper-Mercer shot dead nine people and injured seven more. He was then killed in a shootout with police.

This year there have been 52 school shootings in the US in which 30 people have been killed and 53 injured.

Gusbuss and Gogol Boobdello like this.
  2. goldphoenix

goldphoenix Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How exactly is carrying around a dildo in plain view anything like carrying a concealed gun? I just do not see how this is a protest. Here is a question, if these people are in a situation with an active shooter and someone who has a concealed weapon takes him down, will the person who takes down the shooter be considered a gun weilding psycho as well?

3. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    To these jerk offs, yes.

babybear likes this.
  4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm packing a rod

[​IMG]

5. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm so happy that most of these shithead kids won't be able to find jobs and will be addled with hundreds of thousands of dollars in college loan debt. :giggle:

6. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Almost as dopey as the girl at Columbia who carried her mattress around to protest campus date rape:

[​IMG]

7. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    prolly cause it gets attention to the issue and inspires debate. ex. this thread wouldnt exist otherwise

gotnolife and Homerj123 like this.
  8. Homerj123

Homerj123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

9. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    It's a very popular progressive technic. You Ilegitimize your "enemy" so that way anyone trying to defend them looks foolish. They have no answers for the issue only their "point of view". I.e. Dumb cunts carrying around dildos.

10. Homerj123

Homerj123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What I find funny is that 99% of these dumbasses will just protest something just for the sake of protesting (and attention). I'll bet that if you sat down with them individually, and asked for an intelligent answer on why their protesting, none of them could give any kind of a reasonable or coherent answer.

Honkey Donkey likes this.
  11. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't be so happy. Guess who's going to have to bail them out at some point? The federal government - meaning Joe Taxpayer. You and me.

12. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    That'll show them.....

13. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "Robin, college kids everywhere are copying Beth's bag of dildo story. They're in love with her and are huge fans of mine."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  14. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i dont know. old ppl have always thought young ppl were losers.
    "look at these kids blasting rock/metal noise and listening to the degenerate howard stern. theyl never amount to anything"

Gusbuss and gotnolife like this.
  15. peterfonda

Reputations:
    Maybe so. But the kids of that generation weren't carrying $150,000 in student loan debt and weren't spoiled brats. I was a kid once too and listened to hard rock and Howard on both NBC and K-Rock. But I went to a public college and paid my tuition by working every summer on a loading dock. I did take loans to go to law school but made sure to attend a school that wasn't crazy expensive so as not to burden myself and others down the road. I only made $25k at my first job out of school. Kids today don't have this discipline.

16. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why should they? They've only been told how amazing and perfect they are every single day since they were born by parents, teachers, and coaches.

Remley, IfTheyOnlyKnew and AmishGirl like this.
  17. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ya know Robin, I've been thinking about going back to college and taking a few classes. This seems like the perfect time to do it.

Bye You! and John Mahlin like this.
  18. gotnolife

gotnolife Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You all sound like a bunch of old farts.

You damn kids! Get off my lawn.

Gusbuss likes this.
  19. peterfonda

Reputations:
    You're right about that. Kids in my generation (born in '65) were disciplined. I went to private schools through the end of high school. The unwritten rule was, if the principal or your teacher smacked you for misbehaving and your parents found out about it, your father would smack you twice as hard for making the principal or the teacher do that. My parents made it perfectly clear that they couldn't support me all my life and I would have to earn my own living.

20. peterfonda

Reputations:
    I'm 50, so I am on the cusp of old fartdom. The AARP is sending me offers to join.

Gusbuss and PI Nate like this.