'Ya see black people, white cops are nice

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, May 20, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Virginia state trooper helps young man with flat tire; mom’s thank-you post goes viral
    BY Melissa Chan
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 8:51 AM
    Updated: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 8:51 AM
    [​IMG] Facebook

Dr. Nada Owusu took to Facebook to thank Virginia State Trooper Matt Okes for stopping and helping her son, 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Joseph Owusu, when he got a flat tire while driving home from school. Pictured: Trooper Matt Okes and Joseph Owusu.
    A white Virginia state trooper who kneeled down to help a stranded young black man change a flat tire, and then stayed by his side all night until help arrived, has become a hero in the eyes of his grateful mother.

"This kind officer approached him didn't ask if the little Mercedes was stolen but rather got on his knees to replace his tire," mom Nada Owusu wrote in a Facebook post that has gone viral.

Owusu's 20-year-old undergraduate son Joseph Owusu was driving home to Danville from Virginia Tech last Thursday when his back tire blew on the road "in the middle of nowhere," she said.

That's when Virginia State Trooper Matt Okes stepped in to try to fix the flat.

When he couldn't, the law enforcement officer kept the student company on the dark road for over four hours until his mother and AAA arrived at 1 a.m.

Then he trailed them in his police vehicle until he knew they were fine to drive on their own, Owusu said.

"What really impressed me is not just the fact that he tried to change the tire, which I didn’t even know police did," Owusu told the Daily News.

"What touched me more was that he didn’t leave him on that road, where he could have been hit by another car. As a mother, that really meant a lot to me."

Owusu's post has been shared more than 21,000 times and liked by more than 400 people, including TV personality Montel Williams, who called Okes' assistance an "act of heroic kindness."

"Too often we look at very specific instances where police miss the mark, and it's equally if not more important to recognize the countless Trooper Okes' of the world who quietly serve with distinction and embody EVERYTHING we want our Police to be," Williams wrote. "Trooper Okes, thank you for your service."

Owusu said the message has even reached those in Ferguson, Mo., the site of recent turmoil between police and protesters, where white police officer Darren Wilson fatally shot Michael Brown, an unarmed black teen in August.

[​IMG] Facebook
    Dr. Nada Owusu took to Facebook to thank Virginia State Trooper Matt Okes for stopping and helping her son, 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Joseph Owusu, when he got a flat tire while driving home from school. Pictured: Dr. Nada Owusu and Joseph.
    “Somebody in Ferguson told me it was uplifting and that they’re beginning to heal,” Owusu, a pediatrician, said. “That really touched me. This was a simple, worried mother’s post trying to thank one officer. This was accidental, but it’s bringing healing.

“I believe that people want to hope again -- that they can still believe in our officers,” she added. “The officers need the community to believe they are there for our own good.”

The kind act has even changed Joseph Owusu's perception of police officers.

“When my son saw that officer, he didn’t think the officer would help him. And that’s sad," Nada Owusu said. "Now he knows."

2. Chrisboom

Chrisboom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's black on top and white on the bottom?
    - rape
    :artiejj:

Richards Dad likes this.
  3. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That's because the kid is from the Old Country.
    He hasn't been here long enough to develop the urge to punch the cop in the face or take his gun like our blaeks yet.

4. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Well, leave it to the fella' with the "Shithead" moniker and the Dark Lord as an avatar to bring us the feel-good story of the day. :sun:

Well done, Shithead! :thumbup2:

Now, let me clear out of the way to let all the Storm Front posters have at it. :kkk:

Alisonsbankacct likes this.
  5. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    The Millennial doesn't know how to change a tire?

6. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    I think Id rather hang out with the "storm front" types than the gender fluid types.

Shithead likes this.
  7. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This.

I'm the world's dumbest car repair guy, but even I know how to change a flat.

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Of course they can't change a tire. There's not an app for it.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Wiggie like this.
  9. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Now that's a 1 in a million Reggie.

10. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This shit happens constantly. Just last week I changed the tire for a 45 year old man who had no idea how to do it. With his wife and kids in the car.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Rockside7 like this.
  11. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Or run like an idiot.

Rescued Owl and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  12. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Looks like the chocolate rain guy.

13. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    So who took the "Look at me standing next to a black dude and not shooting him" pic?

Also, the black dude looks guilty of something. He's got a "I can't believe this pig isn't going to search me and find the coke in my pocket or the unregistered gun in the car" look on his face.

14. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    I guarantee you the cop originally stopped in hopes of making a drug arrest.

15. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    He stayed with the young man for four hours waiting for AAA? Wow - busy night in Virginia.