Years ago wasn't Stern adamant against divorce

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bcbud, May 29, 2013.

1. bcbud

bcbud New Member

Reputations:
    to the point of criticizing a DJ in Philadelphia who was going through a divorce. He rode this guy so hard and didn't the guy end up committing suicide? I don't know if my memory is correct but I always think about this and wonder if I am remembering correctly. This must o back 20 years. Is Howard that big a scum bag or hypocrite? Or if I am right in my memory I guess Howard changed his opinion to serve his own purpose

2. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Being totally against divorce...... and then getting divorced is one of the few outright 180 reversals that I don't fault Stern for.

He fucked up, probably got caught cheating, and his wife gave him the boot. Whether he wanted to get a divorce or not, he was getting served one regardless.

3. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Years ago, Howard was adamantly against everything about which he is currently a rabid proponent... An vice versa.

4. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yes, I seem to recall that a caller once was kind of ragging on him for getting a divorce after the separation, but he said, "Sometimes, you wife doesn't want you." If the other half wants to leave, what can you do?

5. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hypocrite. This song was played at the beginning of yesterday's show. Refers to Howard as "and he never left his wife"
    [video=youtube;PwDktYHCgwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwDktYHCgwI[/video]

6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like what Howard did is basically force her to divorce him. Sit downstairs alone, don't have sex, don't socialize with her, never leave the house, fondle every woman who came on the show, talk about how boring his marriage is, then cap it off with a carefully crafted condom-packing incident when she wouldn't get the hint.

7. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    This and throw in not parenting his kids while hanging out in the basement with Ralph, the aquarium and Jessica Hahn on Compuserve chat.

8. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    thought the same thing when i read op's post.

:ninja:

:beer:

9. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Reputations:
    I always thought it was him lashing out with jealousy at the people that actually had the balls to get divorced while he cowered in his basement alone and in misery. Seems I was correct.