Politics Yes, this is what we want congress doing

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Congressman wants to make magic a ‘national treasure’

By Sophia Rosenbaum
    March 16, 2016 | 4:02pm
    Modal Trigger
    Rep. Pete Sessions Photo: Getty Images
    Since saying “Abracadabra” just won’t cut it, a Texas lawmaker is angling to get Congress to officially recognize magic as a “national treasure.”
    Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) is trying to pass a bill that would elevate this “rare and valuable form,” according to Politico.
    “Magic enables people to experience the impossible,” he wrote in the resolution introduced Monday.
    Sessions, who has tried to push similar bills in the past, argued that sorcery has special powers that unlock children’s imaginations.
    “Whereas magic is an art form with the unique power and potential to impact the lives of all people,” the resolution said. “Whereas magic enables people to experience the impossible; Whereas magic is used to inspire and bring wonder and happiness to others.”
    Six of Sessions’ Republican colleagues signed onto the bill, which was referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
    The Society of American Magicians has been attempting to get Congress to recognize the greatness of magic since the 1960s.

[​IMG]

LaserT likes this.
  2. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Watch my foot disappear up their ass! Fucking pricks.

reno likes this.
  3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Oh man...:snicker:

4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I can make your one hundred dollar bill disappear. Just give it to me and we'll go to an Irish bar today!