You called it--Howard defends Kathy Lee's Martin short screw up...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by urbanshocker, Jun 4, 2012.

1. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    wow. And then Howie says, "I sat next to Martin Short at Brad Grey's wedding and all we talked about was his wife's death--and when all this came up, I had totally forgot that his wife had died..."

Narcissist.

2. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last of a dying breed. all that's left is 1) having another kid, 2) divorce 3) going on Jay Leno

3. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Oh, for fuck's sake. I'm listening to the West Coast feed, so I haven't heard it yet. Can a nigga get a summary?

4. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Reputations:
    It's all just a transparent move to make it so Beth can go on these lame ass shows to promote her equally lame projects. Howard's such a tool. Glad I switched to O&A.

5. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is defending Kathie Lee saying that he doesnt know the status of everyone's marriage who comes into his studio, so how can Kathie Lee. Its an honest mistake he says.

Meanwhile Robin says it makes Kathie Lee look phony because she exaggerating her extent of her friend ship with Martin Short talking about his beautiful wife, yet she wasnt
    aware that she died two years ago.

Robin wins this one.

6. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Damn this delay sucks on the internet. Howard just made the OP's quote

7. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    And now Ralph chimes in, "I like Kathy Lee--I always have" to which Howard said, "I don't even know why I was so angry with her"

8. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well, I'm now switching over to O&A. I'd rather listen to the Shit Hour than this horseshit.

9. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    How he defends her for not doing the proper research on a guest or even the grunts to do the dirty research is beyond me. What a douche.

10. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Why is anyone surprised anymore?

11. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck me....but you knew it was coming. What a phony piece of crap he is.

Now Booey will defend his Boff on the WUS, no doubt, telling the audience how you can't go on holding grudges all your life....useless monkey.

12. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Old Howard would have slayed the bitch

13. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Listen, yeah, no, are you the same person you were a year ago? What do you do for a living?

14. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Pretty much negates his defense of Captain Janks' antics when calling into news shows during tradgedies; Stern always spins it as, "well, they deserve what they get because they don't research and fact check"--AND that's during a split second crisis--Kathy Lee had a week to research Martin Short.

15. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    4) come out

16. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    He's faker than Jenny McCarthy was when she wasn't talkin
    to Howard and got all Oprah-ized

17. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    Oh Howard, WTF...Man! Just WTF!!!

[​IMG]

18. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the infamous "Listen.... The Show Has Evolved" Booey speech.

19. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    its funny that kathy didn't just ask about the wife, but went on & on & on about how great his wife & marraige was like she was privy to all the inside info & knew firsthand....oops, phony blathering idiot got busted.:facepalm:

20. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From marksfriggin

Howard said they have to talk about Martin Short and Kathie Lee. He said Martin Short was a guest on her show and Kathie Lee asked Martin about his marriage and Martin didn't tell her that his wife had been dead for 2 years. Howard said people were shocked that Kathie Lee did that. Howard said sometimes he doesn't know something like that. Howard said it's perfectly reasonable to expect the guy to say that his wife died. Howard said you're not going to know everything about it. Howard said he thought Martin Short's reaction was weird, not Kathie Lee's question. Howard said he's not sure why Martin Short didn't just tell Kathie Lee that his wife was dead when she questioned him about it. Howard said that's what he would have done. Ralph said they get people on and off in like 2 minutes. Howard said he spent some time talking to Martin Short at a party and he talked about his wife but he had forgotten about it when this clip came out.

Howard got the Kathie Lee clip and Martin Short played along with the question and said that he's still in love and he and his wife still make each other laugh. Howard said he's not sure why he didn't just tell her that she was dead. Robin said Kathie Lee is pretending that she knows Martin and his wife and making it seem like she hangs out with them. Howard said maybe that's the rub. Howard said that Kathie Lee had to apologize to Short but Short should have been apologizing to her. Howard played another clip where Kathie Lee apologized for what happened. Howard said Kathie Lee should stick to that and do it with every guest who has a dead wife. Howard said he's shocked by the whole thing and he's not sure why it's so weird. Robin said it's the pretending that you know someone in show business that's weird.

Ralph said he's glad he made up with Kathie Lee. Howard said he didn't even know why he was angry with her. He said she didn't do anything to him. He said he knows why he's angry with Jay Leno (Hoo Hoo Hoo, I invented everything! Tell 'em Fred!). Ralph said she never even said anything about him. Howard said she only said nice things about him. Howard called himself a lunatic.