You can't help but love Trump

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump bans Univision execs from playing at his golf course
    By Associated Press

June 26, 2015 | 6:26pm

Modal Trigger
    [​IMG]

Donald Trump to Univision: Get off my lawn.

Firing back at Univision for its refusal to air his Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, the outspoken mogul and GOP presidential candidate has barred anyone who works for Univision from the greens of his Miami golf course.

In a letter Friday to Randy Falco, Trump advised the Univision CEO that “under no circumstances is any officer or representative of Univision allowed to use Trump National Doral, Miami — its golf courses or any of its facilities.”

Trump also demanded that Falco, whose company’s Miami office is next door to Trump National Doral, “immediately stop work and close the gate which is being constructed between our respective properties.” Trump gave Falco one week to take care of that matter, or “we will close it.”

The letter was dispatched a day after Univision declared it was canceling its coverage of the Miss USA pageant July 12 on its UniMas network as well as the Miss Universe pageant, which had been scheduled to air on the flagship Univision channel next January, and was severing its business relationship with the Miss Universe Organization, which produces both pageants. The reason: what Univision called “insulting remarks about Mexican immigrants” recently voiced by Trump, a part owner of Miss Universe.

Modal Trigger[​IMG]
    Donald Trump gives Miss USA Olivia Culpo a kiss after she was crowned Miss Universe 2012.Photo: EPA

During his presidential campaign kickoff speech last week, Trump had portrayed immigrants from Mexico as “bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.” He also called for building a wall along the southern border of the U.S. The remarks drew condemnation from the Mexican government as “biased and absurd,” and sparked Univision’s announcement.

Modal Trigger[​IMG]
    A Mexican client who lives in the U.S., looks at a pinata depicting Donald Trump hanging outside a workshop in Reynosa, Mexico on June 23.Photo: Reuters

Trump, who has said his criticism was directed against U.S. policymakers, not the Mexican people or its government, stated Thursday that Univision would be defaulting on an ironclad contract if it doesn’t air the pageants. He pledged to take legal action against the company.

He also accused the New York-based Univision of having ties to Mexico that led the network to submit to pressure from Mexican leaders to punish him for pro-U.S. positions he expresses as a presidential candidate.

“They don’t want me saying that Mexico is killing the United States in trade and killing the United States at the border,” Trump had said.

In a P.S. to his letter, which was addressed to Univision’s Manhattan headquarters, Trump continued on that track.

“Please congratulate your Mexican Government officials for having made such outstanding trade deals with the United States,” he wrote Falco. “However, inform them that should I become President, those days are over. We are bringing jobs back to the U.S. Also, a meaningful border will be immediately created, not the laughingstock that currently exists.”

The letter was signed, “Sincerely, Donald J. Trump.”

When asked for comment on Trump’s letter, Univision seemed to be treating it as par for the course. A memo to Univision management on Thursday directed that, as part of the company’s decision to cut ties with Miss Universe, employees “should not stay at Trump properties while on company business or hold events/activities there.”

babybear and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  2. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He doesn't back down.:)

3. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's always been an ansshole. I hope he kills Milania and goes to jail for life.

4. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    :wtf:

:lol:

Alisonsbankacct and aquadog like this.
  5. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Stern: "So how's your life?"

Trump: "My life is great Howard"

6. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    You are SO fired.

7. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The guy is an egomaniac but he backs it up....I like that

8. christ cracker

christ cracker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    lol mexico

9. blckknight60

blckknight60 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hes a cunt yea

10. Chrisboom

Chrisboom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump is a clown. But I'll admit..I've always liked how he puts it all out on the table. It's either black or white..no grey areas with him. I like that he doesn't just "say the right things to get the vote". People weren't arguing that the things he said about Mexicans weren't true...they just hated that he said it out loud..

11. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know, if presidential elections were only one year terms, I'd vote for him just to see what he would do. At least you know he wouldn't go on a tour bowing to world leaders and our enemies. Trump would probably go on a "Go Fuck Yourselves!" tour. I kinda like that in a president.

12. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I may vote for him for the same reason. Consequences be damned.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  13. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's a buffoon.

Alisonsbankacct likes this.
  14. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is like ppl on SFN repeating what howard says about O&A and arguing howard is the only one against censorship and for honesty and they kinda like that ina radio host

15. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I think only you can't help but love Trump. The rest of is pretty much realized he was a raging asshat back in "The Donald" days in the early 90s.

Darkblue and Alisonsbankacct like this.
  16. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    nice job donnie you shot off your mouth and it ricocheted and hit your wallet