Your Reason for Howard Not Having Artie on the Show..

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Doberman862, May 29, 2012.

1. Doberman862

Doberman862 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it is somewhere between not wanting to/can't look him in the eye and it would freak Howard out. Does he harbor some sort of guilt - thinking he should have done something? Maybe. But he will push those emotions way down and I do not think he would ever admit to it.

We know its not a "Sirius will not let him in the building" issue. Interesting when the book comes out - will he be pressured when Artie is on every other show? Will he make him phone in? Poor Howard is going to have to deal with it soon enough.

2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Howard hates Artie.

For embarrassing him.

For lying to him.

For letting him down.

For not trying to stab himself on the air.

For being more talented than him.

For carrying him for years.

For making him appear stupid.

For not working for less money.

For being more popular with fans.

For SUCCEEDING despite him.

I would like to take a more charitable view, but HS's radio silence when it comes to how WELL Artie happens to be doing for the last 6 months -- not even giving his old bro's new show a plug or three -- is deafening.

Were it not for reading about it here, I would have had no idea Artie was again a successful radio personality and touring comic. For as much as we heard on the Stern show, Artie was still in a mysterious rehab facility, and "wasn't ready" to reappear on the air.

3. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    i was surprised Jimmy busted Howchies balls as much as he did.

Howard was sucking Seacrest dick the same day Artie was shitting on his water.

They have evolved.:facepalm:

4. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    couple above hit on it, mainly it's because Artie was fairly successful without Howard (unlike everyone else) and is successful without him (only Billy West did well after and he's not on the show either). Artie was also just as popular if not more so than Howard when they were both on the show - Jackie, John even KC had fans and were popular, but not in the same way and didn't get that type of air time.

5. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's mad that Artie got paid for 2010 (in his contract), even though he didn't/couldn't work.
    Also, at this point, Howard doesn't care to make an effort to have him on the show. Howard only cares about Howard. And money.

6. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why would Howard be mad over that? He does not pay Artie's saliry, Sirius did.

BTW. What about the rumor that Sirius fired him? Artie was taken off air and had a meting with Sirius management. Ultimatum: rehab or fired. I guess that Artie declined and had a huge bender.

7. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are a lot of different reasons we can list, but the bottom line is Howard has settled into his chill rich man life, and he doesn't want to deal with the unpredictability of someone like Artie any more. Howard was genuinely surprised and shocked by Artie's suicide attempt incident. I think it kinda scarred him a bit psychologically, to realize that Artie was capable all along, of something like that. So his defense-mechanism reaction is "I can't deal with this guy any more." I mean to be honest, I don't really blame him.

I could see Howard coming around eventually, but it may take Artie being clean and stable for years, before that could happen.

8. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Fine, don't have him on your show. But how about at least mentioning to your remaining fans that Artie's actually doing quite well, at the moment? A lot of us were left in the lurch, and none of the brief mentions on Howard's air were in any way reassuring. He repeatedly plugs his one or two disk jockey "friends" as they get hired and fired; why no mention of Artie's successful DirecTV syndication?

9. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Howard is a petty, jealous, narcissistic dickhead, and any example of the world not revolving around him is geeky-looking pelican kryptonite to him.

And if Howard has Artie on, he can't hold Artie as an emotional hostage anymore. He loses his leverage. And that's what's going on here..................Howard is mind-fucking a guy who's coming back from major addictions and an incredibly traumatic episode of self-harm for some perverse personal thrill of some kind.

I'd much rather Artie rethink his stance on Howard, and give up his blanket ass-smooching of everything Howard does or says, than have Howard start acknowledging Artie and his success, or even have him on the show. F Howard. You'd never get anything real out of that appearance, anyway; not from Howard's side...............there's nothing real left.

But hearing Artie's non-ass-kissing take on Howard? Well now, that would be radio gold. I'm sure DiPaolo would have a few choice things to add, too.

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure Artie privately has at least a little resentment for Howard because of the way he was/is being treated by him. Yeah, Artie owes him for at least some of his fame/fortune, but so what? Do you think that other celebrities feel this way about a director/producer that chose them for some break through role that got them famous? Or anyone else who turns successful after being hired for something? You could say that friendship has something to do with it, but there's no friendship there, as much as Art likes to spin it. What is Artie afraid of? If he was to turn on Stern, what would Howard do? Turn Artie's fans against him? Haha, yeah right. At this point Howard has no such power, especially when it comes to someone, for the most part, is universally more well like than Stern. (Except MFB)

11. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    DiPaolo has told him a few times to cut out the blanket Howard ass kissing but Artie ignores it and continues to sing the praises of Wiggy. I'm glad Artie is doing well but you're right Howard's silence on Artie is deafening..

12. onefourthree

Reputations:
    Howard knows once he starts talking about Artie he's going to get all the requests to have him on. He doesn't want to feed into all the hype. Like I said, once Artie demonstrates he can be healthy for a long time, Howard may change how he feels about it.

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    That's bullshit, man. Letting your listeners believe he's still in rehab or worse is bullshit, a complete dick move. The fact that he supposedly DOESN'T "get all the requests to have him on" supports this, and indicates just how badly he's ALREADY misled his audience. Bullshit, man.

/langford

14. onefourthree

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't want to deal with it....this is the easiest way....And really, I don't see why people are surprised. This is the kind of thing that happens to people who behave the way Artie has. Haven't you ever cut somebody off like that ? Somebody that fucked up one too many times....

15. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Sure.............but what about when the person rights the ship? Artie's come back. He's not looking for a job or a handout...................he's basically looking to make the Stern show funny and interesting again, if only for an hour or a show, and Howard's saying "no thanks".

But I agree that Howard doesn't want to deal with it, but for different reasons. Among other things, he doesn't want to be upstaged. At this point, Artie is so much more loved than Howard, and that would come through in the people at Sirius, with the callers, with everybody.

Then Howard would be driven back to that dreary mansion to that dreary wife and zoo they got going out there, and be even more miserable.

16. kauzpayne2002

kauzpayne2002 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie could have some resentment to stern but he could be afraid to admit it since he might have had to sign agreement to say that if he bashed stern in any way that he could get sued.

17. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, that is true too. I just wish he would stop with the Howard ass kissing and realize he's got a really good show going on now. A show which is better than THSS in its present form even if Artie were to return to his old chair there.