Zack Snyder tweets first pic of Jason Momoa as Aquaman.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Humongous, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. BatmiteReturns

BatmiteReturns Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucking sweeeeeet.

Not a big Aquaman fan but that is one cool looking picture.

ARM and Humongous like this.
  3. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    Since when does Aquaman look like Rob Zombie? Lame.

monsoon, Turkeyneck, Anfkid and 10 others like this.
  4. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nah, trust me man, I'm an Aquaman devotee and it's a version of him from the 90's that Peter David and Martin Egeland did was very successful.

His look I think pre-dates Rob Zombie too. If anything Zombie stole it from him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  5. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I knew @ARM would be into this. I like the look. Maybe could've gone a little more sun and salt bleached on the hair but it's tough to tell exactly what the color is from the pic. He has more of a tribal look to him with the tattoos.

ARM likes this.
  6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A few years ago some dude from Vice Magazine tracked me down when he saw me posting on a message board defending Aquaman's greatness against some Batman/Superman humping ignoramus and asked me to do a lil interview they did on super heroes.

I thought it was a good idea to do it in Coney Island where The Warriors was filmed. The interview was heavily edited down from what I really said. I said ALOT about cookie-cutter charlatan comic fans like Kevin Smith thinking The Superfriends horribly written crap was actual cannon.

Vice Fashion - Real Life Superheroes
    by Chris Glancy

• Tweet

PHOTOS: Chris Glancy STYLING: Rachel Gilman
    Special thanks to Jim Hanley’s Universe, Forbidden Planet, and eternalcollector.com for their help putting this together.

Romain Kapadia jacket, shirt and trackpants model’s own

[​IMG]
    John, Long Island

Vice: Why Aquaman?

John:
    He’s the underdog - yet potentially the most powerful hero alive. He doesn’t have a lot of stuff, so it’s like a challenge being a fan of his. That’s the appeal for me. It’s not readily available but when you win, you win big.

So he’s the most cost-effective hero?

It’s not a money thing. The character’s so rich in backstory and has so much tragedy to him. He’s like a classic literary figure. His wife died, his kid died, he lost his actual hand and kingdom of Atlantis. That would make anyone kind of gruff, warrior-hardened, and cynical. Aquaman’s evolved in the comics for the better and you can’t say that about anybody else.

You still haven’t made a convincing case.

You’re dealing with a guy who runs the seas. That’s 75 percent of the world. So shouldn’t he get the respect that comes with it? What's Superman or Batman got—a city each? And I mean, just the physiology of surviving at the bottom of the ocean is impressive. A diamond would be crushed by the pressure at that depth. It’s like he’s perpetually lifting weights. Constant resistance. So once the pressure’s off and he gets on land he could just run like 100 miles an hour and lift 100 tons.

Mavi sweatshirt, Triko T-shirt, Sneaux shoes, jeans model’s own

Jayla, AntwonX, EndOfLine and 4 others like this.
  7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    AGREED, gotta have the blonde hair, that's a MUST! I won't ever negotiate that. Snyder's tweeted images of DC films seem to ALL be darkened in shadows, so I'm not sure that coloring is legit yet.

TheWonk likes this.
  8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Right now there's two really good DC animated films Aquaman is featured in. One if Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox and the other is Justice League: Throne of Atlantis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sickboy likes this.
  9. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Gay.

10. Richard Tucker

Richard Tucker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh God, they're doing Aquaman now? And Ant Man is on it's way out. I can't wait until this fad dies. Its getting embarrassing.

Hopefully it doesn't happen until the release of the Tick, Hindsight Lad, Squirrel Girl, Leather Boy, and Matter Eater Lad that are all sure to come to fruition.

unclefreddy likes this.
  11. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Throne of Atlantis was horrible. I hated almost everything about that movie - except Bats and Flash.

Bri7 likes this.
  12. cia212

Reputations:
    I like Jason - even on Stargate - but he's not a fit for the established character. Next, they'll get a skinny Jew to play Wonder Woman...oh wait.

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WHY?? Are they your favorite characters or something? My only gripes were they didnt include these scenes from the actual comics it was adapted from...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They left this one in though which looked great...

[​IMG]

Sickboy and Bri7 like this.
  15. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I'm sorry. If you're historically drawn as a blonde who wears Orange and green, then there should be some carry over into the movie character. I feel like this dude...Jason Mamoa, is hot as fuck, but not the right 'look' for Aquaman. He was wedged into this role because he had the Karl Drago hype going on and the studio wanted to capitalize on it.

I'm old school though, and still think wolverine should wear yellow.

16. cia212

Reputations:
    No. Nearly every element of the story was absurd, the animation style is horrible, the voice acting was subpar and there were so many mistakes in the movie that the animation director had to apologize for them at the screening. The movie starts by placing the mariana trench in the middle of the Atlantic...just sloppy.

ARM likes this.
  17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's definitely glitches in the adaptation (don't know how they don't catch??) but I thought the animation looked great most instances.

I don't know how you really debate good vs bad "animation" it's all in the arbitrary eye of the beholder. I thought that Spectacular Spider-man show looked like and felt like an eye sore - yet it gets all this inexplicable praise.

I think every DC animated property should be done in the style that Young Justice and Batman Under the Red Hood was, or even Green Lantern: First Flight.

18. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why exactly were Batman and Flash portrayed better than everyone else?

19. cia212

Reputations:
    It was only a slight edge but it's mostly in the voice acting.

ARM likes this.
  20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My main gripe all along is that didn't do JL: Throne of Atlantis BEFORE JL: War so Aquaman could be featured in BOTH like it was intended. He was completely written out of JL: War for SHAZAM (who I love but is redundant here), and Aquaman had a HUGE role in the comics that was erased in film for no reason other than pigheaded sequencing by pinheads.

VO casting can sometimes make or break these things. A BIG problem is the deluge of producer starphucking celebrity voice-casting by casting directors via their producers. This, where the celebrity actor they cast has no actual range or talent other than their own natural speaking voice, and it takes you completely out of the characterization and film.

Sickboy likes this.