Zero Dark Thirty

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ZeroZed, Jan 5, 2013.

1. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Has anybody seen this movie yet? It's not playing in my city, but I see a screener is floating around the internet. Rotten Tomato gives it a 94% "Fresh" rating, but I trust you assholes more than any professional critics.

2. Gas Face

Gas Face Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is Zero Dark Thirty the same as the book No Easy Day?

3. Woof

Woof Liver Shots? VIP

Reputations:
    I know the ending.........

He get's killed.......

4. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    i thought it was bad - as a non-american i actually laugh at a bunch of inappropriate parts in the movie

5. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    I live in a decent size city but it's not playing here; I'm not sure where the movie is currently released. I'm assuming that it must be in limited release to qualify for the Academy Awards.

6. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    My brother saw it yesterday. He didn't like it.

7. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    Go here and watch... look for the "Zero Dark 30" stream.. Enjoy..

***Please don't link to sites that offer copyrighted material***

8. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    By the way, lest anyone think I'm a prude for editing that post I'm having a quadruple feature at HOME tonight.

Zero Dark Thirty
    Hitchcock
    The Hobbit
    Django Unchained

God Bless Oscar season. :wave:

9. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It was fucking amazing. Chastain should win actress. Best I have seen this yr

10. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    seriously I woke up yesterday and it was like Xmas
    [​IMG]
    ...allegedly

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  11. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    It was alright

12. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i saw dvdscrs for all of those earlier today in the P2P scenes. I prefer to watch them on an IMAX screen when I can. Hitchcock is the exception: all his B&W prints should be seen in a regular theater, without air conditioning. I was skeptical about that when someone else told me about it, but after watching Rear Window in a Georgetown theater with a big fan and no A/C one June I was convinced.

13. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    YKW just got those same 4, elias, he is beside himself too. :D I watched the ending of Zero Dark Thirty this morning, I didn't see the whole thing. He did, he liked it. We're watching Hitchcock tomorrow. :party:

14. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Dose movies aren't on dvd how does you watch dem?

15. azman5103

azman5103 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was ok...not great.

Knowing how it was going to end and a lot of the story ahead of time might have taken some of the enjoyment out of it for me. Plus...its pretty long...2:20 min.

There were also some parts that pissed me off...when they tried to make you feel sorry for Osama's sand Reggie kids. Seal team 6 should have blasted every single person in that fucking compound...kids included.

16. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Looking forward to seeing it next week

17. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    So according to my friends in the government, the woman in this story, does not even exist in real life. The CIA operative "Jen" as she's known as is really a composite character of two men. Not sure why Hollywood changed it. There really aren't that many women high up in anti-terror or the military. Also the scene where she's screaming at her boss "I NEED TWO WIRETAPS" never happened in real life. Just manufactured drama, likely the scene was necessary to get that hot redhead broad her Oscar nomination. She over acted the entire film. Anyone working on counter terror who yelled at her boss like that would be reassigned and stress evaluated.

Action scenes were intense. Bin Laden raid scene was great even though everyone knows the ending. Fantastic when they showed the wealth of computers and file cabinets and the Seal Team knew it had a treasure trove of intelligence. The movie was also honest about torture. It works. They showed terrorist associates giving up information on terrorism after being tortured. I wouldn't say that the film is pro-torture either. Because the torture scenes were pretty brutal. But there's no doubt that Bin Laden's whereabouts were gained because of torture so at least the film didn't shy away from that truth.

They also glossed over a lot of stuff. Like how the government was furious that Bin Laden had been hiding in Pakistan for years and knew. Pakistan is supposed to be our ally but they knew Bin Laden was hiding less than one mile from their most prominent military academy. They also forgot to mention that Obama didn't know about the Bin Laden raid mission until after Bin Laden was dead. Conveniently the media forgets to mention that the first time President Obama was ever told about this mission was when he was on a golf course and Bin Laden had already been killed. That famous photo of Obama and Hilary all sitting at the table...was taken hours after Bin Laden was dead. Obama was never in the loop. The whole "Obama killed Osama" meme is a full on lie. It's as honest as saying "Nixon landed on the moon".

It's not like the movie was either pro or anti Bush or Obama. They barely mention either. Obama is shown on TV once saying that we are "against torture" and the counter terror agents just roll their eyes. It was relatively non-partisan. Not sure why Republicans were so paranoid about this movie coming out before the election. It was hardly a fluff piece for Obama.

18. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    I was wondering same thing. I know you guys have rules to protect you from the file sharing bullshit. But.......

Lets say I wanted to do a google search that would lead me in the right direction. What search string would you recommend?

19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    IMO, jessica is the best actress currently working on films. she's also gorgeous. i've seen her in the debt and tree of life (which i think was her first major role). i was blown away by her performance in TOL......i couldn't believe what i was watching. i had never heard of her and remember saying to my husband if there's any justice in hollywood she'll get the recognition and jobs that she deserves. i was very disappointed that she was nominated for the help instead of TOL. i couldn't bring myself to watch the help so i don't know about her performance (at any rate, she didn't stand a chance against the blaek actress who was nominated from that movie).

20. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    she was also great in lasts yrs The Help