Zoo Za Zoo on Robert Wuhl & a Dawgs inspired Johnny Depp rant.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I finally tracked this one down in a folder. This call is to comic-actor Robert Wuhl (Batman, Hollywood Nights, Arlis$ etc) and his comedian sidekick Jim Edwards.

Initially I get a big "Zoo Za Zoo" in for Dwight Howard describing the move he learned from Hakeem Olajuwon. My phone craps out, and BOY do they take the ZZZ baton from me while I'm trying to get back on.

Then I call right back in and we engage in a pretty lengthy and detailed discussion about Johnny Depp's recent career nose-dive and movies in general. The whole thing was inspired by me lurking on Dawgs one day where I saw these great threads, and I didn't have time to weigh in on these two threads because I never would have stopped.

So I took my anger and DEPPression out on Wuhl later that night filling in for Artie. I drop a "HorsetoothBeth" reference in there as well quoted from Dawgs.

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthrea...Summer-s-Third-Big-Bomb?highlight=Long Ranger

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/76560-it-looks-like-Lone-Ranger-bombed/page

Again, NOT for everyone and it's long (almost 20 mins total). But if you like in DEPPth film chat this is pretty decent and honest. Wuhl knows his stuff and is in the actual industry. A few people in LA and NY I know actually caught this live and texted me which was cool knowing people listen nationally while Artie isn't even there.

[video=youtube;4H1Xe4Vg0rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H1Xe4Vg0rM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    Beth's horse face. hehehe
    I can understand this one better (less sports talk that I know nothing about)

3. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    You got Wuhl to Zoo za zoo!! :haha::cwl::hilarious::backlol:

4. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    Hahaha classic! :D

5. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    "Beth's horse-face might want to shag him..."
    Nicely played, Arm...Nicely played.

I think it is time for a weekly podcast from you, Mr. Arm...you can speak sports and entertainment...and weave in real-life situations.
    Let this post serve as a call to arm's weekly podcast. Nice work, as always :up:

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks Smchael, sorry for the tardy response. I haven't been able to settle down in on here for the past few days properly. This call veered off sports pretty soundly and was like 80% movies and Depp.

ALTHOUGH I did make a hearty effort to try to prank Beth's animoe show on Saturday and it is a conundrum to me as if that show ever existed. I've never seen wackier call screenings. To this day I have no idea if she even did a show live or it was pretaped??

7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Thanks CP, sorry for the tardy response. His partner Jimmy Edwards really ZOO ZA ZOOed it as well, it made them segue' into some old reference "Za Zoo Pitts" who I'm not completely privy to.

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks Art!! Depp's judgment has left me baffled and troubled for about 3 to 5 years now. My spidey-sense has started to go off on him regularly. It's pent up rage at a career that had potential to surpass any actor when you combined nuance/range with movie star appeal and charisma. But like Spider-man, with great power comes great responsibility and Depp's responsibility goes by the name of "Walt Disney" now.

I saw this piece on Grantland.com by a writer named "MARK HARRIS" (hahahahahhahah) and as delusional as it sounds it sounds like this guy completely lifted my phone call (same date stamp) and it turned it into an editorial article for GL.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9465212/can-johnny-depp-career-saved

9. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Zasu Pitts:lmao::hilarious::za::za:

10. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ARM is and always will be my favorite poster on this site. Dawg should give him lifetime Supporter status. I loved his call so much I'm posting this on my Iphone while on a boat in a lake in Northern Michigan. I just couldn't resist.

Keep up the good work!

11. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks PL! That's a mighty head bloating compliment. I can go all day on how Depp has squandered script decision after decision in the last 3 to 5 years or so. One regret I do have is I didn't blast DARK SHADOWS for a few seconds in there, I was bursting with recent choices to bash.

That one induced my Tim Burton/Disney/Helena Bonham Carter circle jerk, and goth-quirk boiling point. I'm such a big AVENGERS fan and that stupid 220 mill budget tub of slop had no business even being in the same theatre, let alone against it. Especially when I heard many rumors Depp couldn't do Tony Stark because of Pirates sequels.

12. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Tardy? I ain't looking to make a dialogue, man, I just wanted to tell you that those calls are some funny fucking shit. Step back and realize what you just did. You got Robert Wuhl to riff on zoo za zoo for over five minutes. You just made Stuttering John look like a fucking piker.

13. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great stuff Arm :jj:

14. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Zasu Pitts is a real person and actress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. John Sterling

John Sterling Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    OMG, ARM...f'n genius! So smooth and versatile. Don't apologize for it being too long; I can listen to you rap for hours. Love the way you surprisingly sneak in all those references within your usual interesting conversations and sports knowledge. It goes from interesting convo to laugh out loud humor/reference and then back to your solid appearance. I know I keep praising you, but it's from the heart and always well-deserved. Kudos.....again!

16. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Another classic ARM! Awesome job!

17. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fantastic ARM! Thank you for continuing these gems. I use to laugh like this years ago from the stern show.

Keep it up!!

18. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I agree with you about JD, ARM. No idea why he keeps choosing those types of roles. Always using a gimmick.

19. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks again my man. I don't know, I just think it's important to at least thank you for taking the time to write that as well listen to it and support the ZZZ cause.