"Zoo Za Zoo" singing on NICK & ARTIE's fill on host Jeff "Defo" Deforest

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I admit, I tried to avoid this but you guys have turned me into a Zoo Za Zooophile now. I didn't fully embrace it initially but now I'm IN after actually listening to the real song. So after the shady and depressing news NICK & ARTIE are STILL out and struggling for an angle, I decided to just call Jeff "Defo" Deforest their fill in host. I sang the whole "Zoo Za Zoo" chorus and I innuendoed Howard watching THE BACHELOR over College Football. "DEFO" actually ran with the call and the anti-college football lack of playoff system rant as well, he's a cool dude.

[video=youtube;j-wJfZct88Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wJfZct88Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;Mj7ZcBdHgYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj7ZcBdHgYw[/video]

This is actually the very first time I've heard Emily's singing of this....HOLY SHIT....WTF are these lyrics DIRECTLY at Howard??? Who else could they be aimed at??? Am I missing backstory n this??

I brought it up last Friday too with "Defo" but it was more subtle.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I heard it and LOL'd my ass off....And I loved how the caller signed off with the gay pelican watching the "Bachelor" Up in the Hamptons......And the host started laughing at the Zoo-Za-Zoo like he knew what it meant.....

3. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You da man bro! Love your calls!!!

BTW, could you please tell us how to deal with call screeners? How do you always get on air? Years ago I called to a radio show and didn't get through. Never tried since. So plz give us some tips!

4. jake206

jake206 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    HAHHAHAH. Nice job Arm. Man, that host absolutely hung with you.

I love it how he pretends he's in on the joke.

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You heard that LIVE??? "The caller" was actually me, not sure if you connected those dots???

6. Snotty

Reputations:
    That was the OP? Holy Shit, I turned to it from the 'Bama ass raping right when he picked up your call......Master Stroke brother!!!!!!

7. Snotty

Reputations:
    Oh yeah, Around 2220 my time....You went right into the Zoo-Za-Zoo and I started cracking up..... And the Pelican crack was genius.....And he KNEW who you were referring to......I loved it.....That's some accent you got there......

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hahhahahaha you DID hear that live!? Where are you from like Milwaukee/Chicago, do I sound like some typical LAWNG Island/NYC jerkoff to you???

9. Snotty

Reputations:
    I was 70 miles south of Nashville on I-65.......It made my night....I vaguely remember you say something about football after the Zoo-Za-Zoo, But then when you said the pelican thingy I almost put it in the ditch...LOL!!!

10. Snotty

Reputations:
    And don't sweat that accent.....I sound like a slightly refined version of Carl from Sling Blade......

11. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    so awesome.....arm rocks.

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not hard as long as you have a passionate current angle and they NEED you to kill time. I'll usually listen first for like a segment, see where they're going, and call with that topic but of course every time veer off the road into non-sense. Even in this call I'm prepared to talk straight sports after the nonsense (which is my prime directive obviously for dawgs), so I don't drift into Sal and Richard one-trick-pony terrain and I can maintain some flimsy credibility to call another day by the same name.

I'll also usually genuinely rap with the screener/producer for a few to diffuse the stress and he/she trusts me. Even the Canavan twins who get a bad rap were super convivial to talk with in a pre-N&A. There were times I'd be talking with them for like a solid 3-5 minutes and they'd be nothing but super nice in that mid-western way.

I think you need to re-pop that cherry again to empower yourself with confidence and then you'll blow us ALL away "NMB"!

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Hahhahaah OK, you're in moonshine central. I actually went to college in Murray St in SOUTH Kentucky (I think less than 2 hrs from Nashville) and those years and people were some of the nicest ppl I've ever encountered to this day.

Just for you next time I get on NICK AND ARTIE or whatever I'll sing Marc Cohen's "Walking in Memphis".

14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thx Jake, "Defo" seemed to have a great prowess to make it as f he's IN on the joke which is a great skill a host should have imo instead of instantly going into ignorant dick mode.

15. Dominic GPS

Dominic GPS TIT: Texan-In-Training VIP

Reputations:
    :cwl: great job

16. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Great call brizzother,so why is Nick and Artie still on break for? I know that Mike B's father is in the hospital about to pass,I haven't listened in a while

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NotMyBro again.

18. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    ha ha ha ha aha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha haa hha ha ah ahah ah ha ha ah!

arm, you singing zoo za zoo put me in hysterics!!!!! bravo!

19. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I couldn't be MORE empathetic about Bochetti's dad as MINE just passed away a month ago but this seems more complicated than this and random. I can't see them just canceling after a 2 week break if this wasn't more directly related to Artie.

20. hockeygrl

hockeygrl Cancer hand Gold

Reputations:
    Nice work Arm.