1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

✌-≧◠◡◠≦ SUCKA FREE ZONE aka Satori Brah's Hangout Thread ≧◠◡◠≦-✌

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Satori Brah, Oct 13, 2014.

1. hidden dragon

hidden dragon 。◕‿‿◕。 Gold

Reputations:

:woot:

2. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hey Sanori could you recommend a couple of quality leather totes or backpacks? I need a new one for everyday use.

3. banksy

banksy So fesh. So face. VIP

Reputations:
    "Sanori"! :cwl:

Because he makes you snore! :cwl:

I get it!

4. banksy

banksy So fesh. So face. VIP

Reputations:
    You're a ruthless motherfucker Pheelios!

5. Gator

Gator What?

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. Satori Brah

Satori Brah Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If it's for business use, I suggest getting a ballistic nylon one. The leather doesn't look that professional. However if they are for your own personal use or you have a laid back job then you okay.

However, I have found totes to be kinda feminine unless you need that kind of shape for artwork or something. Frye has a real nice leather tote on their site right now. I had a sweet D Squared tote several years ago but it isn't my style. So if you are going to use one, make sure it has the correct dimensions. See my paragraph below on dimensions.

Now a back pack is something that I find very useful and I have several but not any leather ones. The ones I did see that I liked were too small for a man my size and too casual if I wanted to use it for work. The casual one I have is from GoRuck, Check out their website. If you want something else casual, you can try Hershel, Nike or any of the surf brands like Quiksilver, O;Neill, etc. Swell.com out of San Clemente has a great selection. If you want a more business backpack, try Brenthaven on Amazon. I have one and love it.

So instead of a tote, I recommend a regular briefcase. There are many that are not too business like but very well made. Check out Jack Spade website or one of their stores. If you want to spend a lot of money for great quality and name, try Smythson or Ferragamo.

Dimensions are very important. For Backpacks, I wouldn't go smaller in length than 17" and not more than 20-21". I'm a tall guy and it looks funny of I have a small backpack. For briefs and totes (if you must), get them no smaller than 15" in length or it will look like a messenger bag. Around here, messenger bags are very popular with the gays. For duffels, get them 45 cubic inches because that is the max for overheads and perfect for weekend trips. Again, Jack Spade, Varvatos, and Frye have nice stuff.

Frye makes a nice leather briefcase that you might like:

[​IMG]

The buckles actually have magnetic closures underneath so you don't have to mess with a buckle for opening and closing.

7. Gator

Gator What?

Reputations:
  8. pheelios

Reputations:
    Thanks for the helpful info. Something a bit like the one pictured above is similar to what I have in mind.

9. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So homo it's painful...

10. pheelios

Reputations:
    Go get a haircut, some breakfast and then go and post in the Look at Me thread Phil.