1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Things GAMING starring Kobe, DF, Obi D, and Tranquil

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Snort, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Snort

Snort Beep beep, Richie. Gold

Reputations:
    I was the same way... I never got the head of the cult. That's why this playthrough I'm doing all that shit before I finish the story.

What's your score for the game? I'm biased but I give it a 10... maybe a 9.5 for making the world so spread the fuck out making long trips take forever if you can't fast travel... but other than that minor complaint and some picciune shit it was nearly perfect.

The combat never got old to me. Every time you hear that horn I would go into creep mode looking for the merc and hit him with the spear of leonidas ability and then the powerful sword attack that knocks them off their feet... blaze em a few times while they're down and you get one adrenaline segment back.

Kobesagent likes this.
  2. Tranquil

Tranquil Decent! VIP

Reputations:
    Haven't heard much about that one, seems like 2, 4 and the prehistoric ones never get any mention on youtube.

Snort and Kobesagent like this.
  3. Kobesagent

Kobesagent VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    4 and 3 have the most infamous beloved villains. Four from what I played is very story driven, it’s a solid game.

Tranquil likes this.
  4. Tranquil

Tranquil Decent! VIP

Reputations:
    Very cool, pretty excited to try these out. Hope they have a quick save option unlike Far Cry 1 which is checkpoint based, my least favorite.

Kobesagent likes this.
  5. Snort

Reputations:
    Judgement went from a fun game to a good game. Looks like it could be a big ass game with a lot of shit to do.

It's the anti L.A Noire... mostly action sprinkled in with some detective work. @DarkFriday

DarkFriday, Kobesagent and Tranquil like this.
  6. Snort

Reputations:
    Finally got some info for my case file. :yes: Screenshot_20190822-200032.jpg

Kobesagent likes this.
  7. Kobesagent

Reputations:
    I was thinking about this the other day as I was playing and I may need to finish the cutlist story and the last half of the Last Blade and Atlantis quests to really say, I only need two more Cutlist, but I have an idea who the leader is. The only times I found myself not fully interested was during the present time moments, especially during the whole Atlantis shit, because I was revisiting places I had already finished. The story was fucking solid, from the very beginning, even Barnabas side which I got to see more of during the a Lost Tales of Greece quest, it was one of my favorites. The “family” ending was all good, but it happened too fast, it felt the way God of War did, like there was something more needed. Perhaps not giving you the +New Game until you finish the cutlist portion since it was really the major driver in all of this. I also found myself comparing it to both Witcher and Skyrim which I give both 9’s, Skyrim would be a 10 if it wasn’t for the graphics, combat system and inventory inabilities. I’m thinking it’s a 10 and if Atlantis and the end of the Last Blade and Cutlist endings don’t totally suck it may be the best game Ive played in a long time and that includes BOTW.

Snort likes this.
  8. Snort

Reputations:
    Wow... that's some high praise right there.

The makers of this game are putting out another RPG set in ancient greece... Gods and something or other. Gonna give it a try when it comes out. I'll look it up and post it.

Also... there is Origin out there but to me after playing Odyssey it just doesn't come close.

There are zero "magic" abilities. When you look at the skill tree there's not much to excite you.

Plus the combat feels stiff compared to the combat in Odyssey. And I just love getting a string of perfect dodges and slowing time over and over and fucking them up. In Origin it's much slower.

The way abilities cool down and the adrenaline system in Odyssey are awesome. Sometimes you need a health badly but no adrenaline so you have no choice but to try your hardest to hit them with a few arrows or rush in with a sword and avoid any damage.

Can't wait for their next AC RPG... it should only improve.

agnes and Kobesagent like this.
  9. Snort

Reputations:
    This isn't my type of game ... the cartoonish graphics but reading about it made me want it. I

10. Kobesagent

Reputations:
    2020 they are due to release a new game I think. Some people have said that Origin is better than Odyssey and vice versatility, I’m playing that next.

agnes and Snort like this.
  11. Snort

Reputations:
    My nephew loves Origin and hated Odyssey. I was liking it it just wasn't more Odyssey which was what I really wanted lol.

12. Kobesagent

Reputations:
    @Snort You know what would have made Odyssey even better? If they would have allowed you to play the cult side to see their story progression.

agnes and Snort like this.
  13. Snort

Reputations:
    That would have been cool. Did you expose the leader yet? I never even did that. Had all the lieutenants pictured but didn't get them all.

Kobesagent likes this.
  14. Snort

Reputations:
    Played about 3 hours of Judgement last night. Cool game... And it's in English unlike the Yakuza games where you only get English subtitles.

Kobesagent likes this.
  15. Kobesagent

Reputations:
    Yeah and it ended up being who I thought it was. The ending to that was meh, I was expecting more, but it is what it is. The Last Blade quest is pretty awesome man, I messed around with that a little bit last night and checked out the beginning of Origins, I won’t be playing it until I finish the Odyssey DLC.

768EBE15-E899-488B-9E1A-DC8576B2C61D.jpeg

Snort likes this.
  16. Kobesagent

Reputations:
    DLC gave the ship a flamethrower.

17E11A88-D873-4B86-BA3E-FA6B2B1B1ED8.jpeg

Snort likes this.
  17. Snort

Reputations:
    Now that's badass.