1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone interested in starting a Ketogenic diet ?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Getthepoisonout, Aug 6, 2016.

1. rpeezey

rpeezey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1. Yes you can!
    2. if you must have ice cream, try halo top. Red velvet is a good start.
    ;)

2. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm going strong on the keto diet, for the most part it's been very easy. Eggs/Salad/Chicken daily some of my favorite foods... I just hit 180 pounds with a 32" waist. I used to be 190/195 with a 32" waist so I definitely lost a lot of muscle, but I feel great being lighter. My wife has commented how small my arms looks :crying:

I have about 5 more pounds to lose. I plan on rebuilding with lean muscle once I hit 175 and want to be no heavier than 180/185. :yay:

3. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    That's kinda mean of your wife :p nice going though!

Tickle Shits likes this.
  4. iceguy

iceguy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    For those looking to supplement with potassium, I have found an alternative. It seems we need a fairly substantial amount of potassium daily and supplements are limited to 99mg per pill. You'd need about 25/day to get up to your daily dose. I had read about people taking "No Salt" as it's Potassium Chloride as opposed to Sodium Chloride. Very easy to get the daily dose, but it tastes horrible. At least for me it did as I tried to do it all at once, some people use it on their food but I like actual sea salt instead. I recently read that cream of tartar also has a lot of potassium, so I've been taking that. I mix a teaspoon in water and down it. Not much taste and a little gritty, but 100 times better than No Salt.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  5. iceguy

iceguy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's been over a year since a started keto and it's still going strong. I enjoy all the foods I eat and I'm rarely hungry. I got really busy last week for a couple of days and only had time to eat once per day in the early evening. It's now been a week and I've stuck to the once per day meals. I've read about others doing it and had wanted to try it, this seemed like the perfect opportunity. It definitely ups the intermittent fasting factor. I transitioned into it very easily and quite enjoy it so far. Haven't been hungry and no need for snacking. Before this I was eating twice per day, now that it's condensed into 1 meal I find I'm eating about 60% of what I had been previously. It seems I'll save some money as well if I'm able to continue.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and rpeezey like this.
  6. sternadamsapple

sternadamsapple Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I did a test run for about 5 days, kept my macros clean and only ate 20g of carbs, I had zero problems and felt pretty good. I cant stay that low full time as I do a lot of sports and need glycogen. I am moving to around 100g of carbs a day tops, but nothing crappy.

During the five days of <25 carbs, i could tell a big difference in the way felt, especially after a holiday spend with crap carbs.

rpeezey likes this.