1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artie & Anthony show is free today

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by aspartame, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JustLurking

JustLurking Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was guffawing. Artie is better on this show than he ever was on Stern. I think Howard's therapeutic sessions constrained him. Anthony is hilarious, this is like Ruth and Gehrig of podcasters.

Gunt and Vincenzo69 like this.
  2. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Don’t know if I’d go that far. It’s an ok show. Cumia is definitely better than Dipshit DiPaolo tho

3. JustLurking

Reputations:
    Artie puts the other comics on the show to shame, with how quick he is. I only listen to wrestling podcasts, no comedians. I tried Matarese, Florentine, Rogan and DiPaolo but it was repetitive, and Matarese should not be considered a comedian.

Vincenzo69, Nowhere Man and Gunt like this.
  4. JOHN DENVER

JOHN DENVER floating around Gold

Reputations:
    fuck off

Vincenzo69 likes this.
  5. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, well, well. Glad to see that JustLurking got wise and changed his gimmick on this board.

6. Nowhere Man

Reputations:
    Who will be the guest on the AA Show next? The dynamic between the fellas and the guest(s) continues to fascinate.

The Jackie Martling episode was pretty good. He sure looks old, though (even sitting next to Artie). I think Art and Ant did him a favor by keeping the conversation towards things that he could understand. It didn’t seem as if he knew Sour Shoes, which was surprising.

Paul Virzi was completely out of his league and could only muster a few interjections that changed the conversation, rather than slipping in a punchline somewhere along the line, which he was unable to do.

Mike Brown was awful. He tried to look cool and got so nervous that he acted like he was sipping on an empty cup of coffee at least 50 times. I’m sure he really just needed a cigarette.

In the same episode, I enjoyed how they needed to acknowledge Geno in the production room in order for him to get the go-ahead to come in the studio. He was able to steer the conversation a few times, which was his only hope to be a legitimate part of the ensemble. He may have gotten one punchline in there but simply put, he reeked of desperation and was treated as such.

Mike Ward was out of his league as well. There was no way he could keep up or interject anything noteworthy or funny.

Devin Ratray was overwhelmed with the wit and couldn’t keep up.

Ian Fidance kept with them and was able to say some funny things in both the un-PC street talk as well as the current events stuff.

Artie’s quickness might be due to his increased reliance on blow, but whatever he’s doing needs to continue. The AA Show is hitting its stride and just watching the guests try to keep up is half the fun.

Gunt, Jeff Hitzz and yaddc like this.
  7. JustLurking

Reputations:
    That would be like Steve Austin using Tiger Ali Singh's gimmick.

Gunt and Nowhere Man like this.
  8. JustLurking

Reputations:
    Artie just said his dad wants a president the same color as the white house

Gunt likes this.
  9. fixer

fixer cock

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Artie has that Capitan Kangaroo thing going on.

Gunt likes this.
  10. Gunt

Gunt I don't have time to teach you to speak hobo. Gold

Reputations:
    Yikes.

[​IMG]

ArtieFartie and JustLurking like this.
  11. Horrorillogium

Horrorillogium Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fuck getting old sucks especially when you're a drunk and a junkie

Gunt likes this.
  12. Nowhere Man

Reputations:
    The Stuttering John episode was excellent.

To his credit, John always brings the energy, and his reminiscing about the Stern Show is always entertaining. His contributions to the conversations stand in stark contrast to the usual AA banter where they are actually being funny and delivering punchlines.

For a self-proclaimed comedian, though, John is severely lacking in punchlines. At one point, John went into a story, and a minute or two into the story he said “So, now here’s the funny part”, to which Artie sarcastically responded, “You mean we haven’t gotten to the funny part yet?”

That De Niro pissed-off look from the Maury scene in Goodfellas is golden. Artie had the production fellas put up that picture after he said that when John wanted the Artie-chair early in his Stern Show tenure, and this is what John looked like every time Artie made a joke.

I need to hand it to the production team in their plan to put Geno on the couch in the backstage area, which essentially means that he’s a bit player who's not legit enough to get into the studio. John, with no self-awareness, saw Geno and proclaims, “I can’t believe that I can even call him a comic”, to which Artie quickly retorts, “Yeah, he’s just like you with all the jokes.”

John’s delusions that he’s a comic, let alone a key cog in the current comedy scene, automatically make his schtick entertaining. But as much as an un-funny loser that John is, the AA Show is better when he’s there.

I wish I was there when they told John that he wouldn’t be in the studio after the break. He must have had all the energy in the world with the 4-5 Coors lights that he drank and was ready to keep at it. He probably went to a strip club all alone afterwards. What a loser.

For those of you that haven’t yet taken the plunge, subscribe to the AA Show. It’s the buzzworthy show in the industry.

I invented that likes this.
  13. JustLurking

Reputations:
    You must live in Colorado.

Gunt likes this.
  14. ICU

ICU Well-Known Member

Reputations:

15. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    I love how SJ criticizes Artie so much for being a drug addict — SJ can’t get the nerve to do standup(badly) or a podcast unless hes had at least 15 beers

Gunt, Jeff Hitzz and Nowhere Man like this.
  16. Jeff Hitzz

Jeff Hitzz Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    He must have run out of beers for his podcast...

17. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Did you see that first awful podcast he had? All he did was drink and mumble about how he used to work for Stern 20 years ago

Gunt and Jeff Hitzz like this.
  18. Jeff Hitzz

Jeff Hitzz Member

Reputations:
    I did - It was embarrassing!

19. JustLurking

Reputations:
    When discussing coming out to George, he described himself as a "self-loathing homosexual". Yesterday, he was very vehement when saying he would fuck Dice's sons. What are the odds that he is a queer?

Gunt likes this.
  20. fixer

fixer cock

Reputations:
    If you look at this picture, you would think drinking beer is good for you and water is bad for your health.

JustLurking and Gunt like this.