1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel that Elvis is truly The King?

Discussion in 'Hoochie Bin' started by Snort, Dec 10, 2018.

?

Choose

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. MacTrekker

MacTrekker No one likes a dirty dick... VIP

Reputations:
    'Before Elvis there was nothing.' - John Lennon

Unfortunately his amazing talent was wasted because what should have been the most productive period of his musical career was spent making horrible B movies. He comes out of that nightmare, makes the 68 come back special, records probably the best album of his career with ‘From Elvis in Memphis‘ in 69 and after that the fat fuck Colonel Tom Parker had him playing Vegas for little old ladies and fat old men. Elvis was a pussy for not firing that piece of shit in the 60’s.

Snort and bobp like this.
  2. kingel

kingel Member

Reputations:
    Elvis was the originator of rockabilly- one the three direct paths into what became rock and roll. Massively influential from an artistic standpoint to the beginnings of rock and roll. He became BY FAR the most popular solo artist of the early rock and roll era and beyond. So “King” of is prob fair and no one really had a better claim.

People confuse King with the inventor of rock and roll which no one person was.

If the title of King is interpreted as the “greatest” rock and roller- that’s a tougher argument because music and who you like is such a personal thing.

Elvis was also such a diverse artist across many different styles- much more so than one lane artists like chuck berry.

Snort and bobp like this.
  3. bobp

bobp VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You and MacTrekker that posted got it right. I just came from Memphis. He's Mickey Mouse now. Bummed me out. But I'm a real fan of his music. That's what matters.
    I agree with what both of you have posted.

4. Snort

Snort Beep beep, Richie. VIP Gold

Reputations: