1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space Shuttle Columbia exploded 10 years ago today: Why does no one care?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Jake Dog

Jake Dog King of Dogs Gold

Reputations:
  2. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The answer is in your title. It was ten years ago.

3. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member

Reputations:
    I'll never forget that day, my wife and I had just gotten back from picking up things for our upcoming wedding. It was the afternoon and we turned on the TV and they were showing the live video of the trails in the sky. It was surreal to say the least.

When the Challenger exploded, I was in collage and didn't have a class that morning so I slept in. When I got up and looked at the TV, it was just the replays.

Same for 911, I was asleep and my wife (then girlfriend) called me from her law school library where some people were watching a tiny TV and asked me if I knew what was going on, I said no. She said some planes had bombed the WTC and then flew to DC and bombed there! What are you saying?? I got up and turned on the TV and saw the huge dust cloud, I remember thinking damn that dust cloud is so thick I can't see the towers.

4. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I remember it. People are too busy tweeting and twatting now to care about exploration of space. Yet without it, you would have all the cool technology we have now.

5. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I found the answer; it's from Brecht's Threepenny Opera:

So it happens, for instance, that a man who sees another man on the street corner with only a stump for an arm will be so shocked the first time that he'll give him sixpence. But the second time it'll only be a threepenny bit. And if he sees him a third time, he'll hand him over cold-bloodedly to the police.

6. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    Ya me too. I had just removed the habit-trail from the dead hookers ass and was trying to pry the suffocating rat from out of her colon with a pair of bloody BBQ tongs and on the TV they said the Columbia exploded. Wow, that was weird.