1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'The Sound of Music' Blu-ray Dated & Detailed

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by eliasbboy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]In announcement news today, 20th Century Fox has officially unveiled the DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition on 11/9. You'll be able to purchase either a 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack (SRP $34.99 - available in both Blu-ray and DVD packaging options) or a Limited Collector's Set containing the 3-disc set plus additional extras (SRP $89.99). The 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack will include...

BD Disc 1 - the film remastered in 1080p with 7.1 DTS-HD audio, the Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration enhanced viewing mode (with behind-the-scenes images, trivia, on-screen lyrics and more), a Music Machine sing-along, audio commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and Director Robert Wise, and BD-Live Live Lookup.

BD Disc 2 - the interactive Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music backlot tour (with in-depth featurettes on the songs, stage show, film, sound restoration and the von Trapp family), the A City of Song virtual map of filming locations, vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and Sound of Music programs, screen tests, interviews, photo galleries and more.

DVD - the film in SD, an optional sing-along track, the Music Machine sing-along option and The Sound of Music Tour: A Living Story featurette.

The Limited Collector's Set will include the 3 discs above, along with the 45th Anniversary CD soundtrack, a 100-page My Favorite Things scrapbook, snapshots from Salzburg, a reproduction of the original 1965 souvenir program and an exclusive My Favorite Things music box with letter of authenticity. Here's a look at the Limited Collector's Set along with the 3-Disc Combo artwork (Blu-ray packaging version)...

[/FONT] View attachment 55
    [​IMG]

2. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    How do you solve a problem like Maria?

3. wthierry

wthierry New Member

Reputations:
    how do you catch a cloud and pin it down??

4. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN Gold

Reputations:
    How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

5. Super Mario

Super Mario Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Classic movie.I played Kurt in the sound of music Play when I was 11 .:)