1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entertainment True Detective Season 3 (2019) Official Trailer

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Jan 12, 2019.

1. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Lazy editing with a major character who just mysteriously "disappears" like the girl.

2. RockNRolla

RockNRolla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Season 2 > Season 3.

Vincenzo69 likes this.
  3. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    At least you caught that "disappearing act" angle.

It's not lazy editing with a major character.
    They mentioned early on that she was no longer around.

The exact details of her death ending up not mattering....so it really doesn't matter.
    Unless the exact details of her death would have changed up the telling of the story or the ending of the story.

Personally....I enjoyed the mystery and the possibilities within the guessing game.
    In the end...I wanted to know...but I did not need to know.

Gogol Boobdello likes this.
  4. hugh jasol

hugh jasol fast times VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Abso-fuckin’-lutely

RockNRolla likes this.
  5. rooni

rooni Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Liked this season and finale, love how mad it got some people

Muh cult

Muh gay roland

:snicker:

3bigsparky likes this.
  6. Buckhorn

Buckhorn VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fucking haaarrrrible.

When those two cocksuckers walked the hall and twisted a rusty lock and pushed the door open to the pink room, shows over. Nothing creepy going on there except lithium-heads.

That’s when I said, These two are shitty fucking detectives.

7. Beefus and Wigward lies

Beefus and Wigward lies VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Their superiors were quick both times to close the case for a conveniently dead suspect and particularly in 1990 the stakes were higher.

Why Hays never explains the stalemate w Hoyt to Roland is poor writing...a missed opportunity.

As much as the finale rolls along swiftly to the Hoyt kidnapping reveal it should also be noted that those powerful political obstacles that stopped both investigations are no longer guarding the way.

8. Beefus and Wigward lies

Beefus and Wigward lies VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Also, episode 1 when Amelia is brought up in 2015 by the “True Crime” interviewer there is no sense but sadness by Hays at her passing.
    He sincerely misses her and says hewishes she were there to help w the interview.

9. Buckhorn

Buckhorn VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I don’t know.. It’s True Detective. And now 2 out of 3 seasons were pretty shitty. If I didn’t watch it, I wouldn’t care.

Since it carries the True Detective name, it’ll always compare to the best season. Rust found the goddam tape that took down the whole state of Louisiana. Purple and Roland didn’t find shit.

10. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I think this show may have been unintentionally doomed by its first season's nearly unparalleled and unmatchable excellence and brilliance.

This season was... serviceable... at best.

I wonder what Rust Cohle is up to these days? :D

11. looptax

looptax Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For a guy who was peeved about period-inaccurate bikes earlier in the season, you're going hard in the paint rebutting every last bit of criticism of the show!

Buckhorn, WillyBest and Snort like this.
  12. El Guapo

El Guapo Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas Gold

Reputations:
    Man this season was a slooooooow methodical watch

Can not recommend with a straight face

I did binge season 1 (for the first time since it aired) this week, and it was amazing the second time around as well

The ending of S1 didn’t bother me so much this time,

Story line and acting were just ridiculously incredible

Buckhorn likes this.
  13. Rat Face

Rat Face Well-Known Member Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    That was irritating. :pissed:

14. Winst

Reputations:
    Yesterday
    1. [​IMG]
      WillyBest gave you 150 negative reputation points for your post in the thread True Detective Season 3 (2019) Official Trailer. With the following comment: -150
      10:46 PM
    2. [​IMG]
      WillyBest gave you 150 negative reputation points for your post in the thread True Detective Season 3 (2019) Official Trailer. With the following comment: -150
      10:44 PM
    3. [​IMG]
      WillyBest gave you 150 negative reputation points for your post in the thread True Detective Season 3 (2019) Official Trailer. With the following comment: -159
    4. [​IMG]
    5. [​IMG]
      10:43 PM
    6. [​IMG]
      10:35 PM
    7. [​IMG]
      10:31 PM

15. Winst

Reputations:
    I wasn't "peeved".
    It was just something that stood out...to my eye.
    ...and at the start of the series....it seemed as if the bikes were or were going to become some
    sort of evidence in the case that was actually going to matter.

BTW....did anyone else notice the bike that was shown in the grown "Julie Purcell's" driveway?

16. Winst

Reputations:
    Critique away.
    There was plenty to enjoy..and plenty to question.

Loads of room for additional discussion(s).

17. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I just finished it. I was a little disappointed with the anticlimactic confession of the one-eyed man. But then I was blown away by the revelation that the girl is still alive. But now I'm pissed the fuck off that my dvr stopped with Wayne and his wife in the VFW bar with her asking him what he wants. What happened after that?

Also, the whole cliffhanger with Hoyt from the last episode was a total waste that nothing happened with. But all in all, I say it's the best season yet.

ljc, Vincenzo69 and O Face like this.
  18. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I noticed a bike flaw with Wayne's grandchildren. The girl had pegs on her front wheel. When I was a kid, everybody had pegs on their back wheel. And what kind of little girl is gonna ride people around with pegs on her front wheel. Big time flaw there for all of you bike expert detectives.

ljc likes this.
  19. Hand Banana

Hand Banana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    - It was strongly implied in his meeting with Hays that Hoyt was willing to go to extreme lengths to protect the family's reputation. You think those guys in the cars were just there to drive him around? Hays' family was mentioned many times in their talk. I imagine the same point was made to security guy.
    -It was his dementia that had them acting that way. He'd probably asked that question before, many times.
    -Because I imagine they were scared and confused about being passed around to play house with a crazy old rich lady and her black Jeeves.
    -Maybe the girl said she liked them and he wanted her to be as comfortable as possible? He clearly knew it was weird but went along to get along.
    -The father's homosexuality made the relationship with his wife clearer. You understood why she went out to meet men rather than staying at home.
    -The women was doing a documentary about "systemic racism," among other things, welcome to the 21st century.
    -He was feeling guilty about what he'd done but was scared of what Hoyt would do to him and didn't her book. Wayne made a similar comment about her being a "voyeur." It was a theme.
    -Are you sure it was the same nun?

20. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Agree

RockNRolla likes this.