1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entertainment TV Show with a Good ending and one's with Bad

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BennyMuso, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Which is also I believe the first scene of the finale as well and they even play a song about death during it

Btw I went to Holstons recently. Totally overpriced jersey diner food

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    M
    YouTube took down the best video which broke it down on microdetail why Tony got shot but here’s the strongest hint Chase makes:
    9DEC2BCE-1085-4AE2-8F39-09D946F0ABE0.jpeg

92E441B0-D57E-4105-98B6-81F37C8DC726.png

There are other obvious hints:

-Meadow having to do 3 tries at parallel parking (represents the 3rd times a charm saying and Tony has been 2 previous attempts on his life on the show)

-presence of onion rings representing halos

-presence of characters in Holstons representing people Tony either killed and/or fucked over

-Holston’s starts with H and has two syllables and ends with an N like “Heaven”

-tony and Bobby talking about “never being able to hear it” when getting shot in the first episode of the last season

-tony’s Second song selection is “I’ve gotta be me” after “Don’t Stop Believing” which is a song about predestination and fate

-Tony’s point of view when he first walks in to Holstons jumps from Perspective of looking in to immediately sitting down

-native Americans drawings on th walls (Holstons usually does not have those) representing slaughter

GoshGeeGolly likes this.
  3. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I am not interested in internet speculation and fantasy booking. I am only interested in the actual visual content of the show.

4. HelloCleveland!

HelloCleveland! VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    When people bitch about the ending of the Sopranos, about how they “want to know what happens” I’m always reminded of the scene in Stand By Me where Gordie tells the story of Lardass Hogan then Vern and Teddy bitch about the ending.
    I think leaving the resolution up in the air, letting the viewer/reader contemplate it, is part of the art of storytelling.

5. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bad- True Detective season 1. The show was an absolute masterpiece from the writing to the acting to the production for the entire season and the writer hit viewers with a lazy ending that tied up none of the overarching loose ends nor resolved the easter eggs left throughout the show. That one was painful.

6. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock Gold

Reputations:
    Breaking Bad had a perfect finale.

the G-man likes this.
  7. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    What the fuck kind of Thread Title is this?

Mojopin likes this.
  8. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Ok then watch the show and look at everything I pointed out

Then tell me David Chase isn’t blatantly hinting the entire last season Tony is going to die

9. LawyerLarry

Reputations:
    Yeah, the onion rings are the deciding factor...

My point is that Tony Soprano does not die in The Sopranos. People can speculate and make believe all they want about what would/could/may have happened to the Tony Soprano character at some time after the conclusion of the series. But I don't care because people's theories on the internet about what happened to the characters after the conclusion of the show are irrelevant to the actual show.

10. LawyerLarry

Reputations:
    And what would references to heaven have to do with Tony's death? Because nobody thinks he would go to heaven.

11. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Quantum leaps was handicapped due to them writing and filming it at the end of S4 when they were told there cancelled and there wouldnt be a season 5.

After it was shot at the 11th hour NBC decided it wanted another season but wouldnt give them money to rewrite and shoot a new finale after they cancelled it the next year.

That thing sat in the can for a year and a half and couldnt reference anything that happened in the last season

Lucifer almost had the same problem. There were two episodes in the last Fox season that they never aired and just tagged them onto the end of the last season like out of touch orphans.