1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc. Where were you on 9/11/01

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BennyMuso, Sep 11, 2019.

1. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was at work when someone had sad a plane had crashed into the World trade center. I had remembered that a plane had hit the Empire State in the 40's so I didn't think it was a big deal. Since we had great internet at work I was able to bring up ABC news. Was talking and watching when the second plane hit. We both exclaimed "ITS AN ATTACK." After 45 minutes they sent us home because we were a defense contractor sitting right on the border of LAX. In fact they kept us home the next day too. 2 coworkers were in the plane that hit the Pentagon.

2. Walygatr

Walygatr VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Laying in bed watching the news. Watched the second plane hit. Walked around stunned all day.

3. Bro

Bro A couple of greasy ferrets VIP Gold

Reputations:
  4. babybear

babybear Wherewolf of AZ Gold

Reputations:
    working at the state Juvy prison.we turned the unit tv on when we heard the news.the kids all started laughing
    at the event,at that point we locked them in their cells for a while.

5. Walygatr

Walygatr VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was working at a public library when the OJ verdict was read. The 2 female librarians had a tv on and when they read it they cheered like they just won the lottery. I was like WTF?

6. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I say this ever year
    I was in bed with my wife I was recently married. I remember the weather, it was an amazing Oregon day, perfect. I lay in bed and we listened to the first few moments as the story broke on the radio and thought it was a small Cessna plane at first. After the first few moments I went downstairs and turned on the tv as the second plane hit and I knew we were fucked. Those pilots are all usually ex military guys they would never do that shit.

Worlds never been the same. Still a tough tough day for me. God bless all those who have tried to help on numerous levels.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and BennyMuso like this.
  7. irish2872

irish2872 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was at work and a lady told me a plane had hit the World Trade Center. When she said this, I just assumed it was a very small plane. I went and turned on the tv just as the 2nd tower was hit. A truly awful day. I got home from work and my mom was sitting on the couch just crying her eyes out and just kept talking about all the firemen that had probably pairished. My moms father was a battalion chief on the Chicago Fire dept.

If you haven't seen the 9/11 documentary from the Naudet brothers, I highly recommend watching it. It's truly unbelievable.

8. duuuude

duuuude Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    at work in Jersey City right across river from WTC

BennyMuso likes this.
  9. TheKnot

TheKnot VIP Extreme VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I was surfing Lido that morning the waves where dam good they had size and real clean . We had a full crew sitting in the line up when we saw the smoke and had no idea what was going on it was a perfect day for waves . Then a cat paddled out with a angry look on his face , i asked what could make you mad on a day like today . His answer crushed us all . I will never forget driving over Point lookout bridge and seeing the city full of smoke and the buildings gone . My buddy Steve and myself looked and each other and just started crying that site hit hard . God bless all of us never forget

10. BennyMuso

BennyMuso Limey MBE VIP

Reputations:
    Sorry for your loss.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  11. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Rutgers University I could see the smoke from the towers all the way at exit 9

12. HeadNodsAlaArtie83

HeadNodsAlaArtie83 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Freshman year of college, my dorm room in PA feel like t was the first or second week I was there , cocksuckers wouldn't even cancel classes, being from Long Island , NY originally I had to watch it on tv and skip class that day

13. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  14. SRD

SRD Active Member

Reputations:
    thanks man

15. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I was probably a bunch of different places on that day just like every other day.

Turbongr and ljc like this.
  16. HelloCleveland!

HelloCleveland! VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was completely unaware of it until after the 2nd tower fell.
    I was living in CA, woke up around 6, got ready and drove to my first day of work at a new job. Listening to a CD in the car, not the radio. Got to the office with a TV showing a cloud of dust and smoke over lower Manhattan.
    I was in the field that day, hearing snippets of news on the radio that the towers had collapsed. I thought “no fucking way can an entire building collapse, it must just be a small upper portion that fell”
    Went out to lunch and saw the video :sad:

17. irvin

irvin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was right across the street as I worked a few blocks away and watched both planes hit (like a moron I stood around watching all of the papers flying after the first plane). Scrambled home after the 2nd one thinking more planes were coming and tried to avoid the stock exchange and federal reserve as I was thinking those would be targets next. Watched the towers fall from my apt window/tv.

Best friend worked one of of the top floors -- mofo was lucky as he was running late morning and didn't make it to the office. Was worried all day as phone connections were busy/not working for most of the day. My family couldn't get in touch with me, so they were all freaking out.

I'll never forget the imagery of that day (still have nightmares) -- the planes, especially the 2nd one came by so fast -- much faster than it seems on video. Out of nowhere. Boom.

If the terrorists hit an hour or two later (sometime after 9AM), alot more people would have been murdered.

Worst thing I've ever seen and hope we never ever have to suffer like that. The following days and weeks attended memorials for friends and some co-workers (falling debris and in meetings at WTC). Knew a guy who had a heart attack in the middle of all of this. Such a tragic time.

18. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Was lying in bed in California after just listening to Howard and Ralph ramble on about Pam Andersen when the news started coming in. I remember just lying there listening in shock for about the first 15 minutes until the second plane hit and then my head cleared enough to realize that I was listening to Howard on a three hour delay so I jumped up and turned on the TV just in time to watch the tower fall.

19. Perm

Perm Kickin' Ass VIP

Reputations:
    I be in college, when da word came in we just stop and found da nearest TV, sat dere all mornin' in da shock.

20. pdx1138

pdx1138 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back then I had my clock radio to wake me up on the local radio station that broadcast Stern.

I remember them talking about a plane hitting the tower and like a lot of others thought a small plane had a malfunction.
    Turned on the TV to CNN and saw both towers smoking, then the first one started crumble down.

The following saturday I was going out to work on a car restoration and saw 2 teenagers on an overpass waving
    a huge american flag. Everybody was honking at them in appreciation. That was an odd feeling week for sure.